Sunday, October 25, 2015

EEK!! Who Knew One Person Could Get So Busy?!?

So like the title says:  Who knew one person could get so busy in such a short period of time?  I mean really, I went from having nothing to do but sit and write, to having a zillion and one things to do on any given day.  Admittedly, most of the things that I have to do are things that I've committed myself to so you could say they're self imposed so therefore I shouldn't complain.  I'm not going to complain but since I know some of you out there are actually waiting for me to get something written, I thought I'd give you all an update on all the stuff I'm doing right now since it mostly has to do with my writing.

First and foremost, as most of you who are following along know, I'm trying to find a publisher for Falling For Him.  So far I've gotten one rejection because the publisher doesn't publish fanfics (so not a fanfic but if they can't be bothered to do their research I'm not sure I want to publish with them anyway), one revise and resubmit (this is good because it means they're interested, the story just needs some tweaking), and I've yet to hear back from another.  So I'm still working on that, doing some editing and also tweaking so I can resubmit to the interested publisher.

Second and probably not something that anyone thinks is a priority, I've been doing an overhaul on Loving Sarajevo.  I decided that I really didn't like the story told from the first person point of view so I'm working on converting it to third person and also fixing some issues I have with it, both in the story and in some of the writing quirks I had when I first started writing.  All in the hopes that the end product will be something that I can maybe, possibly self publish in the near future.

Third and boring as all get out, I've been doing research on self publishing.  Although I feel like Falling for him is just as good as some of the dreck out there that I've read from the predominately M/M publishers, I have to have a back up plan in case I'm totally delusional.  That's why I'm thinking about self pubbing Loving Sarajevo as a sort of test, getting my feet wet so to speak.  There's a lot of work that goes into self publishing so if I go that route, I want to make sure I know what I'm doing.

Fourth and you guys are going to hate me for this, I have other stories that want to come out before the ones that I'm supposed to be working on.  I've said this before and it bares repeating - I can not control the voices in my head.  If I can't get one of my MCs from one of my current WIPs to talk to me their story doesn't get updated.  So although I've still been writing, there's been nothing for you guys to read.

Fifth and yes this one is something I want to do but will delay my updates another month or so, I've decided to do Nano this year.  I had two ideas running around my head and they won't leave me in peace to write anything else.  One was Spence's story, which would have involved Gage and Nikola's wedding.  The other is about Henrick, the twink that Gage met in Sarajevo, and a pro soccer player.  I decided to go with Henrick's story because Gage and Nikola's wedding is going to include the whole cast of characters that I've created so far and it will be a bit of an undertaking.  Anyway, I've decided to put my Nano Novel on Smashwords so you all can follow along with my progress if you want.  I'll update after Nov. 1st with a link to it for anyone that's interested.

So as you all can see I've been busy.  One of the ideas that wouldn't leave me alone, I blame the upcoming holiday for this one, was a short and by short I mean very short scene with my characters from Loving Sarajevo.  I had to write it out and I've decided since it's written, I may as well share it.  So if you're interested, stop by here on October 30th for a little Halloween treat.

That's all I have for now so until I post again... Thanks for stopping by.

CL


No comments:

Post a Comment