Thursday, May 7, 2015

There's No Controlling the People in My Head

Okay, so I know that I shouldn't just write blog posts when I'm pissy but whatever, I need somewhere to rant.  So since I can't seem to actually blog about anything important, I figured why not just complain about what's bugging me?  So here it goes.

I've recently gotten some feedback from people that read one or more of the stories I have posted.  Like I mentioned last post, I love to hear from my readers but seriously telling me that I should be writing one story instead of another is not the type of thing I want to hear.  It is in no way constructive to tell me that one of my stories is far better than another of them and that I should spend less time on one or the other.  Let me explain to you why this doesn't motivate me.

I'm going to explain how my writing process works so bear with me here.  I write whatever pops into my head.  There that's it in a nutshell.  I have no control over what will come out most days and I've found that if I try to force myself to write a certain thing, it comes out bad.  Not just bad but like train wreck, rubber necking highway accident, Bush era natural disaster, where the hell's FEMA bad.  I'm not kidding.

This is because I have no control over the people in my head.  They are there doing what they want with no regard to anyone else.  I don't plan out my stories.  I have no idea where they're going most of the time.  I sit down and start typing, always in a new doc because I have no idea which story may pop up.  I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to work or not but that's how it works for me.  So when I really want to update say Falling for Him and I sit down with the hopes of getting a chapter finished and my MC from Strip me Bare starts talking...what am I supposed to do?

Usually if I let one of them get it out of their systems, I can move on to something else but with no guarantee that it's going to be what I want.  Just a quick note, don't despair those of you hoping for Falling for Him updates, the story is complete and I'm just being mean by making you wait.  Cuz I'm evil like that.  Anyway you see my problem here then right?

So I get a couple of these types of messages every few days.  A sample of one verbatim if you will indulge me:  I just saw that you updated Strip Me Bare but Falling for Him hasn't been updated for over a week.  You used to update FFH more often but since you added a couple of other stories it's been less and less.  I think that you should concentrate on FFH because it is the best story you have and the others aren't as good.  I've been reading it from the beginning and I really like it so could you update it soon.

Now, just let me say that I'm glad that this reader has been reading and obviously enjoying what I've come to realize is my most popular story by far.  That being said, are you freaking kidding me!  This person never left me a review, ever.  I got this in a PM and after insulting me (yeah, I'm touchy what of it?) asked me to update soon with no please even!  That's just rude, sorry but it is and I'll call a spade a spade with no qualms about it.

So I get that people like to have quick updates and that they like to have a particular story updated more than another but come on, these are free stories that I spend time posting so they can read them at their leisure without getting anything in return.  Excuse me if I get a bit upset when people start PMing me this kind of bullcrap.  I'm not a machine, there's a person sitting here typing this and all those not so good stories that you still take the time to read, be nice.

If you don't like what I write, don't read it or feel free to tell me in a review that you don't like it.  I have no problem taking criticism or with people thinking my writing sucks even.  The problem I have is with people who think they are entitled to tell me how I should provide them with the fruits of my labor.  I will continue to post my stories because there are a few people out there that do like them and do show me that they appreciate what I do by leaving me nice reviews or PMing me to let me know they like what they read.

In the end, well just if you feel the need to send me a PM in the future like the one above, just know that I will block your ass, after I send you a few of my most choice thoughts on the matter.

Once again, thanks for checking out my blog and I have no idea what I'll rant about next time or when the next time will be so anyway, yeah, that's it.

CL

No comments:

Post a Comment