Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Just Stuff I'm Doing

So not only am I a crap blogger, I'm also bad at doing what I say I'm going to do.  I did NaNo, I won NaNo (for those of you unfamiliar with NaNo winning just means you wrote 50k words in November), I didn't however post my NaNo novel on Smashwords.  I had every intention of doing so but then I realized how rough my rough draft was.

I wrote the whole book, over 74k words in twenty days without going back to reread it and that is why there is no way I could let anyone read it before I get a chance to edit it.  So I'll get to editing it soon enough and start posting the shiny edited chapters for all you people that are reading this.

Okay so on another note, I got Loving Sarajevo edited and reposted.  I think it reads much better than it did before but what do I know...

I should have a chapter of The Heart Wants ready to go tomorrow.  I'm having a hard time getting back into it.  The home stretch is proving to be harder to write than I thought it was going to be but I'm going to push hard and hope to have it finished by the end of this month.  That's my goal for this month, to finish off The Heart Wants.

Anyway, I know that this is sort of a short post but just wanted to let you all know that I'm still pounding away at all my stories.

Until next time...

CL

4 comments:

  1. Hi CL. Just wondered if all was ok as you appear to have left AO3 site, saying bowing out gracefully. This is nosy I appreciate, but was wondering if you were also going to stop updating on AFF too? I really hope you don't as have read & loved all of your stories, but current favourites being: More Than The Ball, Picking Up the Pieces & The Heart Wants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Elle, I will still be updating on AFF. I choose to leave FP because frankly I got sick of dealing with what I can only assume was a bunch of entitled children. Instead of leaving a huge rant on my profile as to why I left, I decided to 'bow out gracefully'. AFF is a site that is for adults and is run in a way that I believe makes it a much more desirable place for me to post my stories. You can also find me in the forums there if you ever want to contact me in a less public way. lol Thanks for reading.

      CL

      Delete
    2. Thank you for taking the time to reply & your creativity is appreciated. Keep up the great work & congrats by the way too!

      Delete